Finding the perfect job in senior healthcare may seem like a million miles away, however, many job candidates today, are finding that some simple little things can help you land the job of your dreams. Here are some quick ways to stay engaged while you are looking and help you land the healthcare job you really want:
- This really goes without saying, and you probably have heard it a million times over, but making sure your resume and/or cv is accurate and up-to-date is critical to getting the job you really want.
- Recently, many candidates have determined that their resumes are not even making to the hiring manager. They are getting dumped by the ATS. Make sure your resume is specific to the job you are applying for, contains keywords, and that you follow up with the facility to make sure they received.
- At least once a week, you need to network. Set up a coffee meeting or casual lunch meeting with someone in your network, or better yet – someone new. Share information in your field and always ask if they know anyone hiring.
- If you do not have a mentor, you should really consider getting one. A coach or mentor is a great step in helping you clarify your career goals and help you attain them. Look for someone you admire in the field.
- Make sure that you spend ample time on your social media profiles, daily. Whether you are answering questions, looking for positions, or networking, it is critical that you are active and seen every day.
- Spend time daily reviewing the job listings and researching facilities you would like to work at. If you apply for any openings, make sure that your resume and cover letter are specific to that position.
It is no secret that searching for a job can be very stressful, however, when you break it down into smaller bites and incorporate some of these quick tips above, you will have less stress and find the job you have been searching for.
Copyright: somartin / 123RF Stock Photo